Sooner or later it had to happen, right?We thought about going out with a bang rather than a whimper but that requires effort we weren't willing to spend and frankly we just don't have the same fire in the belly we once had. So after 5 years, we've decided to call it a day - at least for now - and leave you with a record we loved from the beginning, and not just for the cover.
We've always had a soft spot for the 101 Strings because, like most of the records here, they're derided by hipsters and wannabes alike. Totally un-cool and totally faceless, the 101ers represent everything we tried to shine a light on these past years. Not a bang of a record, and neither a whimper, the 101ers were the epitome of all things Zip Your Rip. That is, long forgotten music that given the chance, you'd happily pass by. Their 1959 classic, East of Suez, was the first vinyl record we ripped back in '06 and now we end with their Plus One album from ten years later - circle of life and all that.
Thanks to everyone who commented and helped out, you know who you are.
54 comments:
101 Strings - Plus One - 1969
Marble Arch #MALS 1191
A LoungeTracks 320 Vinyl Rip
Side One
01 101 Strings - Polka Dots & Moombeams
02 101 Strings - These Foolish Things
03 101 Strings - I'll Never Smile Again
04 101 Strings - Noche En Majorca
05 101 Strings - I'll Get By
Side Two
06 101 Strings - How Deep Is The Ocean
07 101 Strings - Silhouette In Latin
08 101 Strings - As Time Goes By
09 101 Strings - I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good
10 101 Strings - Gypsy Love
https://rapidshare.com/files/3233512863/101_1.zip
http://www.fileserve.com/file/9VXjYkg/101+1.zip
http://www.filesonic.com/file/2656761754
101 Strings Plus Two...
Hope you change your mind and we find you back again real soon!--Bill
We'll miss you here, LT, unless you do come back in the future. But I hope we'll see you hither and thither in other blogs. I appreciate and am thankful for all the great music I discovered or rediscovered here, all thanks to you. Drinks are on me.
And what a way to go; we'll think of you every time this one hits the playlist. I know this can be a thankless job, like radio, you can be 'on the air' for years and never know just how much effect you've had on your audience. I for one would have passed up an LP like this in my hip youth days, and never looked twice at it in vinyl shops since, but it is because of you that when I saw just the title of this in the RSS reader, I instantly KNEW what it meant, and I instantly KNEW it was worth checking out. Thanks for that. It's important.
LT yours was virtually music blog No. 1 for me, and you opened an Aladdin's Cave of music. As for 'happily pass by', you do yourself a disservice. 'Saxas Mexicanas' and 'passing by' do not belong in the same sentence!
So many, many thanks for sharing the good, the bad and the unusual so generously and graciously. Go gently, stay well and keep smiling.
Noooooo! It figures you close up shop on the day Pete Rugolo dies.
Anyway I wish you the best and you know how I feel. Here's hoping for your eventual return!
Thanks for your efforts. I was worried when I saw the phantom update a while back.
May the easy listening be yours!
A fine run indeed Mr. LT. You know where to find me and are you open to sharing your movie? Bond indeed! I knew that was you.
Say it isn't so!
This is not news that makes us happy and I'm sorry to see you close up shop.
You've brought a tremendous amount of enjoyment to many people the world over so be sure to take that satisfaction and pride of accomplishment with you.
And if you ever decide to return to blogging.....I'll hold onto the bookmark.
Best regards and many, many thanks.
Swank Daddy
No fire in the belly is a good reason to hang it up, but I'm sorry to see it end, LT. Thanks for all the music, esp. the guitar instros! You're a great curator. Hope this is only a hibernation from which you'll wake up refreshed however long it takes!
thankyou and see you upstairs for a dirty martini..:)
Thank you.
I've never seen this one.
another sad day in blogland, and a considerable loss to us 'pretty music' hoarders.
a great many of my favorite blogs have now gone, and in my view the internet is slowly turning into a bleak and barren landscape that has no further use than a souped-up retail outlet, where noisy pop-ups try to lure you to useless gadgets and other junk shops are anxious to peddle.
well, we will have to wait and see if this lasts, won't we? in the meantime i'd like to thank the people of ZyR for many a fine hour spent listening to some of the finest music in existence.
give a shout should you change your mind about quitting, will ya :-)
I'm so sorry to see you go! I've enjoyed so much beautiful music thanks to you and your efforts. Thank you!!!
Sad news, LT. Many,many thanks for all your efforts, will miss your own funny comments. All the best to you for the future. Cheers forever!
LT,
Thanks for providing a high quality, very professionally done blog where I found some incredible Space Age Pop albums in the last 3 years. Every post of yours was must reading, regardless of how much or how little interest I had in downloading each music file. It was just a treat to read your unique take on all the SAP albums you posted.
Thanks again. Hopefully you will choose to return sometime in the future.
Quite a surprise, Lounge Tracks!! I've enjoyed your blog for quite some time, as well as bantering back and forth with you!! Many thanx for all the great fun!! I very much enjoyed my Gibsons whilst you were tippin' the Martinis!! It's been quite a ride. The best of everything, sir!!
Sorry to hear you will be hanging up the tux :(
Keep it pressed 'cos I know you'll be back :)
...til next time!
Thank you for all great albums you shared.
I hope that this is not the end of this wonderful blog!
Sorry to see ANOTHER of my favorite places close down.
I know that it is harder these days, but I am still sad to see all your fine folks bailing.
You will be missed.
You have helped me discover some really cool music that I would have never have given a listen if not for your posts. Thank you, you will really be missed by me. Since record labels are folding as fast as sites, these low budget recordings will be for never more... such a sad day. I'll keep any eye open in case you should crank her back up. Thank you once again.
Whooa ! Sad day , we'll all miss you
Stay in touch, very best to you Gary
You will be missed. Thanks for everything!
Thank you for sharing the beautiful music! My sincere appreciation to you for all you've done to try and keep these wonderful memories and great artists alive!
thanks for the fun content!
Too bad. So sad.
Thanks for the uncool albums, tijuana tinhorns and hip comments these past few years. I'll miss your posts.
Good luck and keep on ripping and zipping.
Dude, you are breaking my heart, and you know it.
Like others have said here before, you have opened a treasure trunk with under estimated old records that we used to pass by, but you showed us to appreciate them and to recognize their great value.
Have just recently re-listened to your Tinhorn collection with so much enjoyment.
Man, don't leave us.
Seriously.
This blog was always a favorite of mine and you will be greatly missed. I thank you and I wish you well!
Sorry to see you closing up shop (again!). Hope you decide to come back with more treasures. In the meantime, so long and thanks for the fish!
MrDave
It saddens me to hear the best blog on the nets is closing shop. Thanks for all the memories. I have followed for almost 4 years.
I just discovered your very interesting blog two weeks ago. too bad your adventure there came to a end.
Thank You so much for what I enjoyed till today
Sylvain, from Paris
I haven't been here edscept off asnd on, but sad to see this close down, but still the music is uyp and you put up a final vinyl..:) BTW WHAT is so WRONG with 101 STRING players..?:)
(*sigh*)
I was having a bad day anyway, and now this.....
Well, thanks for everything, and here's hoping you find you just can't stay away.
I hope you change your mind. Thanks for sharing.
LT, you were the one who posted my first rips over 3 years ago and encouraged me to start my own.
Thanks for everything and if you ever need anything, let me know!
We at Vinyl Whores are gonna miss your posts, your wit, and your amazing taste in Vinyl. Thanks so much for 5 years of amazing blogging!
www,vinylwhores@blogspot.com
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!
This can't be the end of this blog !
Thanks everyone.
- be seeing you !-)
Thank you for all the hard work and great music!
Rick
Thank you for your music!
Alex Field from Rome, Italy
Thank you for all the music through the years. Your work is really appreciated here!
Tatiana
Sad to hear. Let me chime in with all our friends to thank you and wish you well.
Don't be a stranger... or at least any stranger than you feel necessary.
JG
And, that album cover is an eyecatcher...
thanks again, LT.
JG
Love your effort. And, for me, you've mad a difference. Cheers!
- d.
I just found your blog today. Well,better late than never.
Thanks for sharing while you were around. :o)
Found you too late, but hope you come back again. I hear good things about your blog. All the best.
If you ever get the fire again,we'll be waiting...thank you for 5 years of great LPs from the lighter side of good music! I enjoyed every LP,and every pithy review of said LP by you,and your great brand of humor,and you and this blog will be sorely missed!
Whimper! I've lost track of the downloadable goodness I've gotten from Zip Your Rip. Thanks so much.
Thanks for the wonderful journey into sound...sound that has been of such great quality. You will be missed, but always remembered.
God's speed to you!
Sou seguidor de seu blog,estou procurando o seu email poderia me informar.Obrigado
Thank You!!
Hi, I'm an Easy aficionado with an own channel on YouTube. I'm setting up a Goodle contact list with likeminded people to stay in contact. Would you send me an e-mail so that I have yours? Thanks. easysounds1970 -#att- gmail.com.
I was looking at a few wonderful lounge rips in my music collection this morning and remembered all the fantastically rare and wonderful music you used to post. I used much of it on a radio show back in the day and it was always appreciated by my listeners. You put love and heart into your blog and it showed. Hope you're well and still enjoying these lovely sounds.
Post a Comment